The New Chapter album by award-winning events promoter and executive music producer Jagonzy is finally available on all digital streaming platforms — it was released on June 25, 2021, and can be sampled and purchased at the following link: https://li.sten.to/TheNewChapter.
Jagonzy who is known privately as Julian Asiedu said on his Facebook page that the album which has been a massive community project in the making for him “features 50 dope artists, 9 wicked producers and 5 deadly video directors drops…” He said he knows it has been a long time coming, but gave thanks to the fans for their support and patience.
Birthing ‘The New Chapter’ over the years
Jagonzy said to TheAfricanDream.net that “entertainment is one thing I have always been passionate about. As a child growing up in Ghana, I saw my mum and dad playing Ghanaian music greats like Daddy Lumba and Kojo Antwi songs in our home. Anytime I heard those songs, I danced and imitated them. This is where my love story began with the Ghana entertainment scene. When I entered America, my love for entertainment soared. I never followed trends but created my own paths throughout my decade in the music industry.“
Last year Jagonzy envisioned celebrating a decade in the entertainment industry which got him thinking. Prior to that he had organized shows, put smiles on faces, promoted so many artists, sold-out concerts and events, and had dope parties through his untouchable international entertainment franchise known as ‘Shutdown‘ both locally and internationally.
Jagonzy (left) looks on ‘The New Chapter’ album art
In the thought process, he told TheAfricanDream.net that “I had a deep thought about it and had a dream that prompted me to go to Ghana my Motherland and record with these amazing artists on the album to celebrate a decade in the entertainment industry. On June 1, I announced my album. And on the 23rd of this month, I again announced my first single featuring the amazing cats from Agona Swedru, to open the floodgates to the release of The New Chapter album.”
Wrapping up with TheAfricanDream.net, Jagonzy announced: “Today, I present to you my debut album. An album that connects me and my talents to the real world. With these amazing souls we were able to tell our stories through music. Let’s celebrate a decade in the industry together. This is the NEW CHAPTER.“
The album release party, it is going down
A special album release party and listening session for The New Chapter album is scheduled for Saturday, July 26 at Oro Lounge located at 2975 Brooklyn Park in Minnesota. It will feature music from the album and DJs including DJ Mulukuku, DJ Blast, DJ Asumadu, DJ Lyriks and DJ 619. The others are DJ Atomix, DJ Michael, DJ Lib and DJ George.
The party which kicks off from 9PM and runs till 2AM the following dawn will be hosted by Nana Zibit of Berks Concepts (Atlanta), Coaches of Starbuzz TV (Virginia) and Kofi Mogul of UAMG (Canada).
Artist Performing on the night include Prince Ntow, Arch D Virus, Cilla Ramos, Kweku Bizkit, Henry Luh, Raouf, Bra Ben, Aaron, H.Hardy, Small Temper, Pill Wills, Cboy Cboy, Tung Theory and many more.
“The organizers tell me there will be special packages for June birthday attendees so please, don’t be late and don’t come looking regular guys since I already know the ladies will dress to kill the ‘red carpet’ for sure,” Jagonzy said, asking everyone attending to ensure to adhere to COVID19 safety protocols.
The aftermath and future expectations
The Shutdown boys ended their weekend with their first daytime party of 2021 dubbed “LINK UP” in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota where Jagonzy got the chance to sign autographs and vibe with loved ones, family and friends. According to the assistant executive producer of The New Chapter album and CEO of Berks Concepts, Charles Nana Berko, “it’s summer and we will be outside for a very long time, the weekend was great and we are not surprised about the outcome because this is what we do, we make it look easy but we know the kind of hard work we put in, this album is just the beginning of greatness.”
Co-Founder of the Shutdown Franchise Maxwell Angye better known by his stage name DJ Blast said, “We are going back to our caves, no rushing, time to get back to the drawing board and plan out the next Shutdown party, it’s never enough for the Shutdown boys, like my CEO Jagonzy always say ‘the goal is to keep getting better and we do that by promoting love and challenging ourselves through our battles’, we have an album that might take a year and a half to promote before dropping our next project so, for now, we will focus on our parties but we are not rushing the vibes.“
With 18 songs and 50 artists, it looks like The New Chapter album will keep fans of Jagonzy, the Shutdown franchise crew, and literally all who helped on the project talking and jamming all year. TheAfricanDream.net wishes the project all the best and foresee a massive follow-up project on the horizon for these amazing talents. For now, let the music play so the party can continue since we will be outside for a while.
Written by Kofi Banks
Stonebwoy, Davido – Activate (Official Video)
DarkoVibes ft Stonebwoy – Inna Song Remix (Prod. by Streetbeatz)
Stonebwoy – One People One Nation ft. King Promise x Darkovibes x Fameye x Efya and Others
Stonebwoy ft Davido – Activate (Prod. by Mix Master Garzy)
Stonebwoy – Ever Lasting
Emeli Sandé, Stonebwoy, Nana Rogues – More of You
Stonebwoy – Blaze Dem [Freestyle]
Harrysong – Apianko ft. Stonebwoy
Cuppy – Karma ft Stonebwoy
Kwaw Kese – Good Man ft. Stonebwoy Black Prophet
Stonebwoy – Good Morning (Remix) ft. Sarkodie & Kelvyn Colt
Stonebwoy – Putuu (Pray) Freestyle
- Afrobeat Mix – Cuff your Chicks by DJ JAydeeYour ‘numero uno’ selector DJ Jaydee is at it again. He has released his latest Afrobeat mix titled ‘Cuff your Chick’ where he’s lined up classic exclusive soothing tunes for your listening pleasure. The Ghanaian-born disc jockey has over the years thrilled and served us with sizzling and mind-blowing mixtapes which of cause is receiving…
- Sarkodie – No Pressure (Full Album)Sarkodie, a multi-talented and multiple award-winning rapper from Africa just released his 6th studio album titled “No Pressure”. The “No Pressure” album has become the talk-about musical project for the past week now and the anticipation towards the album is so high. Sarkodie released the tracklist of the “No Pressure” album just this week and…
- Mona 4Reall – Baby ft. Shatta WaleMona 4Reall featuring Shatta Wale – Baby. Mona 4Reall aka Hajia 4Reall always proves haters wrong. Mona 4Reall has done it again with this new banger titled “Baby”. Mona 4Reall links up with the African dancehall King Shatta Wale to give us this new banger. Enjoy this great tune from Mona 4Reall featuring Shatta Wale…
- King Maaga – Never Die Poor (Prod. By Kilson)King Maaga the fastest and promising Ghanaian emerging Raggae dancehall artist has emerged with a new stunning song. Never die poor is the mind-blowing title of the song. King Maaga says, Death is for us all but makes sure you leave a mark while you live. Moreover, whatever we do today isn’t for us but…
- Jac45 – Journey To Greatness (Full EP)Jac45 the Ghanaian international based in shanghai china who has released a couple of hit songs over the period in china is still relevant . Last year Jac45 brought us a full album from the Mama Album. This year he didn’t sleep despite the coronavirus pandemic, he has brought us a nice Ep titled “Journey…
- 024 De Kollor Boi – Come Online (Prod by RatioBeatz)The sentimental Ghanaian emerging artist 024 De Kollor Boy served us a fresh grooving hip hop drill tagged “Come Online. This massive tune was produced by RatioBeatz Nowadays most successful boys get their riches online, that’s why O24 De Kollor Boy Dropped this banger just to alert youths to come online and make money. Listen…
- Yaw Berk – Men ft. Black SherifYaw Berk, the afrobeat star from Ghana, joined forces with the man of the moment Black Sherif to drop this mp3 afrobeat song titled “Men”. The lyrics of the song say I will sit with men not just to gather boys, meaning surround yourself with mature people, not just immature boys. Download this new Ghana…
- Ypee – Ten Toes feat. Kofi JamarTen Toes by Ypee featuring Kofi Jamar is the new tune in town. These two Ghanaian rappers from Kumerica (Kumasi) in Ghana linked up to make this dope Ghanaian hiplife song titled “Ten Toes”. Be sure to download add this new music to your playlist and appreciate the good music from Ypee featuring Kofi Jamar…
- Amerado x Kofi Jamar – We OutsideAmerado and Kofi Jamar link up to make magic on this new tune titled “We Outside”. This dope mp3 afrobeat and hiplife song happened when they went to London. The two are currently in London for Ghana Party in the Park, an annual party that is hosted by Akwaaba UK every year in London for…
- Ogidi Brown Fights Fameye Face to FaceOgidi Brown previous manager for Fameye had had issues over the period which the public has been in the known. This issue erupted when Fameye unexpectedly left the label Ogb music. Last year, we saw both parties sat down with families to settle this issue at Antoa in the Ashanti region which everyone thought they…