My conscience is in dilemma. I had had nightmares drama throughout the night due to dreadful issues pertaining to the Creative Art Industry in Ghana, especially the music industry. As the Akan proverbial says: “When the waters overfilled the frog, the frog vomits all the waters. This is the time the world must know my intentions underneath my brain.
Music Awards in Ghana is now assassin killing the nation’s Creative Art Industry. In the past, credibility and integrity were the Hallmark of organizations that planned and hosted Events to award talented personalities that deserve it, in the field of music.
However, in our era, things have taken a wrong turn. The government has over the years turned deaf ears to issues destroying our Creative Art Industry (Music Industry) in Ghana, therefore making it a mirage on the desert sand. These lapses were created by the poor system of our beloved country regards to Music Industry. Some corporate, non-governmental organizations, selfish and greedy individuals are using that as bait to organize illegitimate awards deliberately like tsetse flies sucking and infecting talented people who are in the creative industry as music is a concern with trypanosomiasis.
Such individuals devised regional Awards with dubious means to make money from the emerging artists. Confidence tricksters in disguised created various electronic systems which are strictly imposed on the participants to campaign to their fans, friends, family, and sympathizers to vote for them to become winners using cash. The question that comes to mind is, are such illegitimate and fraudulent institutions doing any good to the emerging musicians?
Ghana Creative Art Industry is dumb on this deadly killer for ages. The dumb must speak with outspoken eloquence! I am stirring the minds of GHAMRO, the office of Copyright of Ghana, the Government, and stakeholders in the Creative Art Industry to intervene.
To mention but few Award schemes: Ashanti Music Award, Eastern Music Award, Volta Music Award, Greater Accra Music Award, etc; are all part of the subject matter. These are crucial times to rise as a nation to help rebuild, strategize, innovate and empower the youth who has immersed themselves in the Creative Art Industry, thus the Music Industry.
Ghana Music Industry over the period has been phenomenal and contributed a significant quota to the development of the nation. It has played a vital role in our education and culture. On the sunny days of E.T Mensah, Dr. Ephraim Amu, Ebo Taylor testified to that.
As a songwriter, singer, and publicist I am not a stranger in Jerusalem, so I am creating awareness to the general public, the government, fellow emerging artists, and entertainment pundits to dig deep into the matter and bring practical solutions into the Music Industry. Even the mainstream artists in Ghana are also suffering for the sake of poor system and structure.
The underground or emerging musicians and other acts in the Creative Art Industry must be vigilant and flee from these award schemes. The wooden and plastic plagues will not add any positive value to your craft. Invest much in digital stores to promote your craft online to enable you to generate income and royalties. There are numerous distribution digital companies such as Tunecore, Amuse, etc.
The organizers must walk on the right channels and put proper structures to award, pay them their royalties and promote the works of the musicians both the emerging artists and the mainstream artists to raise their music career to the apex.
Written by Adi Ruler
Edited by Osman Abraham Lincoln (Lincoln X) Editor-in-chief.
Stonebwoy, Davido – Activate (Official Video)
DarkoVibes ft Stonebwoy – Inna Song Remix (Prod. by Streetbeatz)
Stonebwoy – One People One Nation ft. King Promise x Darkovibes x Fameye x Efya and Others
Stonebwoy ft Davido – Activate (Prod. by Mix Master Garzy)
Stonebwoy – Ever Lasting
Emeli Sandé, Stonebwoy, Nana Rogues – More of You
Stonebwoy – Blaze Dem [Freestyle]
Harrysong – Apianko ft. Stonebwoy
Cuppy – Karma ft Stonebwoy
Kwaw Kese – Good Man ft. Stonebwoy Black Prophet
Stonebwoy – Good Morning (Remix) ft. Sarkodie & Kelvyn Colt
Stonebwoy – Putuu (Pray) Freestyle
- Afrobeat Mix – Cuff your Chicks by DJ JAydeeYour ‘numero uno’ selector DJ Jaydee is at it again. He has released his latest Afrobeat mix titled ‘Cuff your Chick’ where he’s lined up classic exclusive soothing tunes for your listening pleasure. The Ghanaian-born disc jockey has over the years thrilled and served us with sizzling and mind-blowing mixtapes which of cause is receiving…
- Sarkodie – No Pressure (Full Album)Sarkodie, a multi-talented and multiple award-winning rapper from Africa just released his 6th studio album titled “No Pressure”. The “No Pressure” album has become the talk-about musical project for the past week now and the anticipation towards the album is so high. Sarkodie released the tracklist of the “No Pressure” album just this week and…
- Mona 4Reall – Baby ft. Shatta WaleMona 4Reall featuring Shatta Wale – Baby. Mona 4Reall aka Hajia 4Reall always proves haters wrong. Mona 4Reall has done it again with this new banger titled “Baby”. Mona 4Reall links up with the African dancehall King Shatta Wale to give us this new banger. Enjoy this great tune from Mona 4Reall featuring Shatta Wale…
- King Maaga – Never Die Poor (Prod. By Kilson)King Maaga the fastest and promising Ghanaian emerging Raggae dancehall artist has emerged with a new stunning song. Never die poor is the mind-blowing title of the song. King Maaga says, Death is for us all but makes sure you leave a mark while you live. Moreover, whatever we do today isn’t for us but…
- Jac45 – Journey To Greatness (Full EP)Jac45 the Ghanaian international based in shanghai china who has released a couple of hit songs over the period in china is still relevant . Last year Jac45 brought us a full album from the Mama Album. This year he didn’t sleep despite the coronavirus pandemic, he has brought us a nice Ep titled “Journey…
- 024 De Kollor Boi – Come Online (Prod by RatioBeatz)The sentimental Ghanaian emerging artist 024 De Kollor Boy served us a fresh grooving hip hop drill tagged “Come Online. This massive tune was produced by RatioBeatz Nowadays most successful boys get their riches online, that’s why O24 De Kollor Boy Dropped this banger just to alert youths to come online and make money. Listen…
- Yaw Berk – Men ft. Black SherifYaw Berk, the afrobeat star from Ghana, joined forces with the man of the moment Black Sherif to drop this mp3 afrobeat song titled “Men”. The lyrics of the song say I will sit with men not just to gather boys, meaning surround yourself with mature people, not just immature boys. Download this new Ghana…
- Ypee – Ten Toes feat. Kofi JamarTen Toes by Ypee featuring Kofi Jamar is the new tune in town. These two Ghanaian rappers from Kumerica (Kumasi) in Ghana linked up to make this dope Ghanaian hiplife song titled “Ten Toes”. Be sure to download add this new music to your playlist and appreciate the good music from Ypee featuring Kofi Jamar…
- Amerado x Kofi Jamar – We OutsideAmerado and Kofi Jamar link up to make magic on this new tune titled “We Outside”. This dope mp3 afrobeat and hiplife song happened when they went to London. The two are currently in London for Ghana Party in the Park, an annual party that is hosted by Akwaaba UK every year in London for…
- Ogidi Brown Fights Fameye Face to FaceOgidi Brown previous manager for Fameye had had issues over the period which the public has been in the known. This issue erupted when Fameye unexpectedly left the label Ogb music. Last year, we saw both parties sat down with families to settle this issue at Antoa in the Ashanti region which everyone thought they…